The FIFA Women’s World Cup trophy will make its quadrennial tour of the globe as it visits all 24 FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 nations.
Australians and Matildas’ supporters will get their opportunity to see the trophy on 31 March as it makes a stop in Sydney.
Launched in Paris with women’s football legend Kristine Lilly and former France defender Laura Georges on hand, the trophy will make a two month tour before making its way back to France.
During the tour, several FIFA legends including former internationals Alex Scott (England), Aya Miyama (Japan) and Vero Boquete (Spain) will join the tour.
Details about when and where you can see the trophy in Sydney will be announced by the FFA soon.
FIFA Women’s World Cup™ Trophy Tour schedule
- 24 February: Kick-Off in Paris, France
- 3 March: Montego Bay, Jamaica
- 7 March: Santiago, Chile
- 9 March: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 11 March: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 13 March: Miami, USA
- 15 March: San Francisco, USA
- 18 March: Los Angeles, USA
- 22 March: Seoul, Republic of Korea
- 24 March: Tokyo, Japan
- 27 March: Shanghai, China
- 29 March: Bangkok, Thailand
- 31 March: Sydney, Australia
- 3 April: Auckland, New Zealand
- 6 April: Stockholm, Sweden
- 7 April: Durban, South Africa
- 9 April: Yaounde, Cameroon
- 11 April: Abuja, Nigeria
- 13 April: Oslo, Norway
- 14 April: Dortmund, Germany
- 15 April: Coverciano, Italy
- 23 April: London, England
- 23 April: Brighton, England
- 25 April: Edinburgh, Scotland
- 27 April: The Netherlands
- 29 April: Madrid, Spain
- 30 April: Toronto, Canada
- 2 May: Paris, France